Last Updated: January 10, 2017
Please read these terms of service (hereinafter, referred to as these "Terms") carefully as they form a contract between you and Salexo Software, Inc. d/b/a SplashData, Inc. having a principal place of business at 155 N Santa Cruz Ave, Suite E-210, Los Gatos, CA 95030, the United States of America (“SPLASHDATA” or “we” or “us”) that governs your access and use of any or all of the following: (i) SplashID client applications and other software provided or made available by SPLASHDATA; (ii) SplashID Pro, a set of services including options for online record storage and synchronization provided by SPLASHDATA (hereinafter, the SplashID client applications and other software and SplashID Pro are collectively referred to as “SplashID”; (iii) the records, data, attachments, and other content stored, shared and processed through SplashID (hereinafter, referred to as “the Content”); and, (iv) any written or electronic documentation provided or made available by SPLASHDATA (hereinafter, referred to as the "Documentation") (hereinafter, SplashID, the Content, and the Documentation are collectively referred as the "Service(s)").
By using any of the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you are using the Services on behalf of an organization, you are agreeing to these Terms for that organization and promising to SPLASHDATA that you have the authority to bind that organization to these Terms (in which event, "you" and "your" will refer to that organization) unless that organization has a separate paid contract in effect with us, in which event the terms of that contract will govern your use of the Service. You may use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and only if you have the power to form a contract with SPLASHDATA and are not barred under any applicable laws from doing so. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, YOU MUST NOT USE THE SERVICE. Should you have any questions concerning this Agreement, please contact email@example.com. Please note that SPLASHDATA doesn't provide warranties for the Service. This contract also limits our liability to you. See Sections 14 and 15 for details.
1. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS We reserve the right to modify or replace these Terms at any time in our sole discretion. You agree that the Terms can be modified if SPLASHDATA is acquired by or merged with another entity. You agree that the Terms can be modified if the Services are acquired by another party. We will indicate at the top of these Terms the date these Terms were last updated. Any changes will be effective upon posting the revised version of these Terms on the Services (or such later effective date as may be indicated at the top of the revised Terms). Therefore, we encourage you to check the date of these Terms whenever you visit www.splashid.com (hereinafter, referred to as the "Site") to see if these Terms have been updated. Your continued access or use of any portion of the Services constitutes your acceptance of such changes. If you don't agree to any of the changes, we're not obligated to keep providing the Services, and you must cancel and stop using the Service.
2. ACCESS TO THE SERVICE You may use the Services, on a non-exclusive basis, solely in strict compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. Unless you belong to an organization that has executed a separate paid contract with SPLASHDATA for the business use of the Services, the Services are provided for non-commercial use only.
3. YOUR ACCOUNT To obtain access to the Services, you are required to obtain an account with SPLASHDATA (become a "Registered User"), by completing a registration form, designating a valid email address as a unique user ID, and providing a password. Until you apply for and are approved by SPLASHDATA to become a Registered User, in SPLASHDATA’s sole discretion, your access to the Services will be limited to the areas of the Services, if any, that SPLASHDATA makes available to the general public or permits its customers to make available to unregistered users. When registering with SPLASHDATA you must: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. SPLASHDATA may withdraw such approval at any time in its sole discretion, with or without cause.
Only you may use your Service account. You must keep your account and passwords confidential and not authorize any third party to access or use the Service on your behalf, unless we provide an approved mechanism for such use. You must contact us right away if you suspect misuse of your account or any security breach in the Service. You are responsible for all activities that take place with your account. SPLASHDATA will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized use of your account(s).
If a third party such as an employer or school gave you your account, that party has rights to your account and may: manage your account, reset your password, or suspend or cancel your account; view your account's usage and profile data, including how and when your account is used; manage permissions; and read or store Content in your account. If you are an individual Registered User of the Service, and the domain of the primary email address associated with your account is owned by an organization and was assigned to you as an employee, contractor or member of such organization, and that organization wishes to establish a commercial relationship with us and add your account to such relationship, then, if you do not change the email address associated with your account, your account may become subject to the commercial relationship between SPLASHDATA and such organization and controlled by such organization.
4. CONSENT TO ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND SOLICITATION By registering with SPLASHDATA, you understand that we may send you communications or data regarding the Services, including but not limited to (a) notices about your use of the Services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (b) updates, and (c) promotional information and materials regarding SPLASHDATA’s products and services, via electronic mail. We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving electronic mail from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in the message.
5. CONTENT Except for material that we license to you, we don't claim ownership of any Content that is transmitted, stored, or processed in your account(s). We also don't control, verify, or endorse the Content that you and others make available in the Services.
We provide functions that allow you to control who may access your Content. If you enable the features that allow you to share the Content with others, anyone you've shared content with may have access to your Content.
You hereby grant SPLASHDATA and its contractors the right to encrypt, store, backup, use, modify, adapt, reproduce, distribute, and display Content posted on the Services solely to the extent necessary to provide the Service or as otherwise permitted by these Terms.
You represent and warrant that: (a) you have all the rights in the Content necessary for you to use the Service and to grant the rights in this Section; and, (b) the storage, use or transmission of the Content doesn't violate any law or these Terms.
You will: (a) be solely responsible for the nature, quality and accuracy of the Content; (b) ensure that the Content (including the storage or transmission thereof) complies with these Terms and any and all applicable laws, and regulations; (c) promptly handle and resolve any notices and claims relating to the Content, including any notices sent to you by any person claiming that any Content violates any person's rights, such as take-down notices pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and any other notices; and (d) maintain appropriate security, protection and backup copies of the Content, which may include your use of additional mechanisms or encryption technology to protect the Content from unauthorized access. SPLASHDATA will have no liability of any kind as a result of the deletion of, correction of, destruction of, damage to, loss of or failure to store or encrypt any Content.
You must immediately notify SPLASHDATA in writing of any unauthorized use of any (a) Content (b) any Account or (c) the Service that comes to your attention. In the event of any such unauthorized use by any third party that obtained access through you, you will take all steps necessary to terminate such unauthorized use. You will provide SPLASHDATA with such cooperation and assistance related to any such unauthorized use as SPLASHDATA may reasonably request.
6. CONTENT STORAGE By using and accessing the Service, you understand and consent to the storage and processing of the Content and any other personal information by SPLASHDATA.
7. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION OF CUSTOMER'S USE OF THE SERVICE You may stop using the Services at any time. We reserve the right to temporarily suspend or terminate your access to the Service at any time in our sole discretion, with or without cause, and with or without notice, without incurring liability of any kind. For example, we may suspend or terminate your access to or use of the Service for: (a) the actual or suspected violation of these Terms; (b) the use of the Services in a manner that may cause SPLASHDATA to have legal liability or disrupt others' use of the Services; (c) the suspicion or detection of any malicious code, virus or other harmful code by you or in your account; (d) scheduled downtime and recurring downtime; (e) use of excessive storage capacity or bandwidth; or (f) unplanned technical problems and outages. If, in SPLASHDATA’s determination, the suspension might be indefinite and/or SPLASHDATA has elected to terminate your access to the Service, SPLASHDATA will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you. You acknowledge that if your access to the Service is suspended or terminated, you may no longer have access to the Content that is stored with the Service.
Upon termination by SPLASHDATA or at your direction, any Content you have stored with the Service may not be retrievable, and we will have no obligation to maintain any data stored in your account.
In addition to other termination provisions, if your account is not currently subject to a paid subscription plan with us, we at our discretion may terminate your account if: (a) you do not engage in any activity in your account within thirty (30) days after becoming a Registered User, or (b) you do not engage in any activity in your account for any period of one-hundred and twenty (120) consecutive days. In the event of such termination, any Content you may have stored could be lost.
SPLASHDATA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deactivate, change and/or require you to change your user ID, password, or other credentials you provide or may obtain through the Services for any reason or for no reason. SPLASHDATA may exercise such right at any time, with or without prior notice. We will make all judgments concerning the applicability of these guidelines in our sole and exclusive discretion. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to determine whether and what action to take in response to each such notification, and any action or inaction in a particular instance will not dictate or limit our response to a future complaint. We will not assume or have any liability for any action or inaction with respect to any Content.
9. UPDATES TO THE SERVICE SPLASHDATA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make necessary unscheduled deployments of changes, updates or enhancements to the Service at any time. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether.
10. SOFTWARE If you receive Software from us, its use is governed in one of two ways: If you're presented with license terms as part of the Software, those terms apply; if no license is associated with the Software you receive, these Terms apply. We reserve all other rights to the Software.
We may automatically check your version of the Software. We may also automatically download to your computer or device new versions of the Software.
Any Software is licensed, not sold. Unless we notify you otherwise, the Software license ends when your Service ends. You must then promptly uninstall the Software, or we may disable it. You must not work around any technical limitations in the Software.
The Software is subject to applicable U.S. export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the Software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end use. Without limitation, you may not transfer the Software or Service without U.S. government permission to anyone on U.S. government exclusion lists (see the Commerce Department's compliance list at http://www.bis.doc.gov/complianceandenforcement/liststocheck.htm). You represent and warrant that you're not on any of those lists or under the control of or an agent for anyone on those lists or the entities listed above.
11. THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND CONTENT All transactions using SPLASHDATA’s services are between the transacting parties only. The Services may contain features and functionalities linking you or providing you with certain functionality and access to third party content, including Web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole; you acknowledge that we are not responsible for such content or services. We may also provide some content to you as part of the Services. However, SPLASHDATA is not an agent of any transacting party, nor or we a direct party in any such transaction. Any such activities, and any terms associated with such activities, are solely between you and the applicable third-party. Similarly, we are not responsible for any third party content you access with the Services, and you irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such sites and third-party content. SPLASHDATA shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such correspondence, purchase or promotion between you and any such third-party. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. You are solely responsible for your dealings with any third party related to the Services, including the delivery of and payment for goods and services. Should you have any problems resulting from your use of any third party services, or should you suffer data loss or other losses as a result of problems with any of your other service providers or any third-party services, we will not be responsible.
12. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS As between SPLASHDATA and you, SPLASHDATA or its licensors own and reserve all right, title and interest in and to the Service and all hardware, software and other items used to provide the Service, other than the rights explicitly granted to you to use the Service in accordance with this Terms. No title to or ownership of any proprietary rights related to the Service is transferred to you pursuant to these Terms. All rights not explicitly granted to you are reserved by SPLASHDATA. In the event that you provide comments, suggestions and recommendations to SPLASHDATA with respect to the Service (including, without limitation, with respect to modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the Service) (collectively, "Feedback"), you hereby grant to SPLASHDATA a world-wide, royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual license to use and otherwise incorporate any Feedback in connection with the Service.
We retain the right to block or otherwise prevent delivery of any type of file, email or other communication to or from the Service as part of our efforts to protect the Service, protect our customers, or stop you from breaching these Terms. The technology or other means we use may hinder or break your use of the Service.
14. NO WARRANTY / “AS IS” SPLASHDATA PROVIDES THE SERVICE "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE". TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SPLASHDATA MAKES NO (AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR FREE OF HARMFUL COMPONENTS, THAT THE CONTENT WILL BE SECURE OR NOT OTHERWISE LOST OR DAMAGED, OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS. IN SUCH AN EVENT SUCH EXCLUSION WILL NOT APPLY SOLELY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SPLASHDATA, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR (A): ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, COVER OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, GOODWILL, USE OR CONTENT) HOWEVER CAUSED, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SPLASHDATA HAS BEEN ADVISED AS TO THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SPLASHDATA AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS, RELATING TO THE SERVICES WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF AN AMOUNT EQUAL THREE MONTHS OF YOUR SERVICE FEE FOR THE SERVICE OR TEN DOLLARS ($10.00). THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS ALSO APPLY IF THIS REMEDY DOES NOT FULLY COMPENSATE YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. IN SUCH AN EVENT THIS LIMITATION WILL NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW.
16. CONTRACTING PARTY; GOVERNING LAW; LOCATION FOR RESOLVING DISPUTES You are contracting with Salexo Software, Inc. with an address at 155 N Santa Cruz Ave, Suite E-210, Los Gatos, CA 95030 USA. The laws of the State of California, U.S.A. govern the interpretation of these Terms and apply to claims for breach of these Terms, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The parties specifically exclude from application to these Terms the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act. All other claims, including claims regarding consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort, will, only to the extent required by applicable law, be subject to the laws of your state of residence in the United States, or, if you live outside the United States, the laws of the country in which you reside. You and we irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state or federal courts for Santa Clara County, California, USA, for all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms. SPLASHDATA may assign this contract to another entity at any time.
17. NOTICES We may send you, in electronic form, information about the Service, additional information, and information the law requires us to provide. We may provide required information to you by email at the address you specified when you signed up for the Service or by access to a website that we identify. Notices emailed to you will be deemed given and received when the email is sent. If you don't consent to receive notices electronically, you must stop using the Service. You may provide legal notices to us via registered mail, return receipt requested, to the following address: 201 Los Gatos-Saratoga Rd., #210, Los Gatos, CA 95030 USA. Any such notice, in either case, must specifically reference that it is a notice given under these Terms.
18. PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS The fees applicable for Service ("Fees") are available at the Site and as published within the Service. The price stated for the Service excludes all taxes and charges, unless stated otherwise. You're responsible for any taxes and for all other charges (for example, data charges and currency exchange settlements). You will pay the Fees in the currency SPLASHDATA quoted for your account. SPLASHDATA reserves the right to change the quoted currency at any time.
In addition to any Fees, you may still incur charges incidental to using the Service, for example, charges for Internet access, data roaming, and other data transmission charges.
You must be authorized to use the payment method that you enter when you create a billing account. You authorize us to charge you for the Service using your payment method that you choose to sign up for or use while these Terms are in force. We may bill: (a) in advance; (b) at the time of purchase; or (c) shortly after purchase.
Payments for: (a) all single-seat accounts, and (b) multiple user accounts registered to pay via credit card, are due the date the invoice is posted on your account; and (c) all multiple user accounts registered to pay via check, wire-transfer, or Automated Clearing House (ACH), are due within thirty (30) days of billing date unless otherwise agreed-to by the parties in writing. If payment is not received by SPLASHDATA on the due date, user's account may be frozen and inaccessible until all outstanding payments have been processed by SPLASHDATA. Users retain the responsibility for settling all outstanding balances in a timely manner and maintaining updated billing information. If not complied with, at the end of 90 days, user's account may be deactivated and all files may no longer be retrievable.
19.1. Severability; Entire Agreement These Terms apply to the maximum extent permitted by relevant law. If a court holds that we cannot enforce a part of these Terms as written, you and we will replace those terms with similar terms to the extent enforceable under the relevant law, but the rest of this Terms will remain in effect. This is the entire contract between you and us regarding the Service. It supersedes any prior contract or oral or written statements regarding your use of the Service.
19.2. Assignment and transfer We may assign, transfer, or otherwise dispose our rights and obligations under this contract, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. You may not assign this contract or transfer any rights to use the Service.
19.3. Independent Contractors; No third-party beneficiaries SPLASHDATA and you are not legal partners or agents; instead, our relationship is that of independent contractors. This contract is solely for your and our benefit. It is not for the benefit of any other person, except for permitted successors.
19.4. Claims Claims must be filed within one year. You must bring any claim related to these Terms or the Service within one year of the date you could first bring the claim, unless your local law requires a longer time to file claims. If it isn't filed in time, the claim is permanently barred.
19.5. Waiver The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any of the provisions of these Terms or to exercise any rights or remedies under these Terms will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such party's right to assert or rely upon any such provision, right or remedy in that or any other instance; rather, the same will remain in full force and effect.
19.6. Government Use If you are a U.S. government entity, you acknowledge that any Software and Documentation that are provided are "Commercial Items" as defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101, and are being provided as commercial computer software subject to the restricted rights described in 48 C.F.R. 2.101 and 12.212.
19.7. Account Security You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Services and you agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You are responsible for any activity using your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. You should immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. You acknowledge that if you wish to protect your transmission of data or files, it is your responsibility to use a secure encrypted connection to communicate with the Services.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICES All contents of the Site and Services including but not limited to design, text, software, technical drawings, configurations, graphics, other files, and their selection and arrangement are: Copyright © 2015 SplashData, and/or the proprietary property of its suppliers, affiliates, or licensors. All Rights Reserved.
SplashID and the SplashID logo are including without limitation, either trademarks, service marks or registered trademarks of SPLASHDATA, Inc., and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without SPLASHDATA’s prior written permission or that of our suppliers or licensors. Other product and company names may be trade or service marks of their respective owners. SPLASHDATA may have patents, patent applications, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject matter that is part of the Service. Unless we have granted you licenses to our intellectual property in these Terms, our providing you with the Service does not give you any license to our intellectual property. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.